Friday, March 31, 2006

Random Name Generator 2

I have found somebody using my Random Name Generator: The people who send spam!
They have to make it look like the sender is a real person, so they just use a randome name generator and put the results in the "From" box. There are Confirmation of Free Gift messages from several people in a row with names like "Kelly Moss" "Laura Proud" "Paul Kent", etc. I wonder how I collect my royalty?

In another bend of the Lombard Street of my mind, I have thought about all the prequels to "Dune". Here is an excerpt from a pre-pre-pre-quel written by Homer Simpson:
" One day Mr Atreides sat down at a cafe and thought about the future.'I wonder what my descendants will be doing thousands of years from now? Maybe they'll turn into a giant worm!'"

Speaking of giant worms, I finished crocheting a baby blanket for my friend yesterday. I didn't really intend for it to turn into a giant worm, it's just that I kept making loops and pulling them through, and pretty soon my hands and crochet hook were out of control and it was a long thin curly fuzzy pink...Worm! I tried to fix it by steadfastly adding layers, but somehow each layer was a little longer than the last, so it started curving in a perfect arch. It was about 5 or 6 feet long and 8 inches wide and I had already used 3 skeins of yarn and my freind's baby was going to come in a week! My only hope was to connect the ends and make a giant circle. Then it looked like a big flared skirt. I resolutely filled in the middle, then joined it all together in a burst of wishful thinking. I shook it out, opened my eyes and... it looked like a nice, oval baby blanket, exactly the right size, and like I planned it to look like that from the start! Yeah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyra said...

hee hee, I crocheted myself a hat for my ski trip this january, and on the first try, somehow I managed to crochet myself a 5-line thick moebius strip. I kept twisting it, thinking it would turn out straight.. ^_^ pretty embarrasing. I make a hat eventually though.

April 05, 2006 5:40 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

and by make I mean made... ^^;

April 05, 2006 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home