Sunday, May 21, 2006

Indoor Haiku

As I lay in bed, looking up, I write a haiku about what I see:

Hanging upside down
A spider on the ceiling
Waits for a fly.

The livingroom is full of many other haiku-subjects:

A fluffy red dog
Gazes at me hopefully
While fleas leap about.

Cigarette lighter
Lies in between the ashes
And a cardboard box.

Way too many books
Of every possible type
Crammed in the bookshelves.

I continue on to the kitchen, writing haiku as I go:

Muddy paws made tracks
Across a dusty white floor
Surrounded by crumbs.

A primal odor
Comes from deep within pipes
Buried below ground.

I think I'll stop before I go too far!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyra said...

I really like the fluffy red dog one ^^
I wonder how it would go in japanese...

May 26, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

If you work it out, let me know. I'd love to hear it.
(How do you say fluffy in Japanese- furuahfi?)

May 26, 2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home